September 4, 2018 / in Blog
, Computer Science
, IT Outsourcing
, IT Trends
, Job Happiness
, Outsourcing Benefits
, Outsourcing News
, Remote Workers
, / by number8
With greater schedule flexibility, it's no surprise the trend towards remote work is growing. Whats more, cloud based technology has made working from home easier than ever before with files and data readily accessible. According to CNBC, “More than two-thirds of people around the world work away from the office at least once every week.” Working from the comforts of home (or anywhere with a good wifi connection that is) is enticing when you factor in all the time not spent commuting and sitting in traffic. Additionally, remote workers tend to have more control over their workplace environment, and can usually juggle home and work life responsibilities with more finesse. As happy employees make for a more productive workforce, many industries seem to be embracing this new kind of work culture.
Here are 7 Industries where Remote Workers are becoming Commonplace:
1. IT Remote work is no doubt ripe in the field of information technology. Jobs in security, website development, software engineering, app development, and database administration (just to name a few) can all be done remotely. In fact, many IT companies look to utilize remote workers in order to better offset costs and streamline projects.
2. Accounting & Finance Bookkeepers and accountants can usually work from anywhere, often computing payroll and or taxes for clients both big and small.
3. Customer Service Companies that function primarily online through a website rather than a store front need customer service just as much as brick and mortar businesses do. Online tech support jobs tend to be remote and act as a virtual help desk for customers or clients, including assisting with online orders as well as payment processing.
4. Healthcare Many administrative jobs in the healthcare industry are now remotely operated. These jobs include handling billing, insurance claims, as well as scheduling appointments.
5. Marketing The advertising industry has largely transformed in recent years due to the rise of digital platforms. Whether it's as a graphic designer, content writer, influencer or social media manager, long gone are the days where you need to be in an office to run an ad or promote a business or product. Marketing jobs now come in many different shapes and sizes and can be done from anywhere.
6. Education- Due to an increase in online classes being offered, there are more opportunities for teachers to work remotely. For example, many college level classes are being taught online by adjunct professors to better serve non-traditional students. Additionally, those homeschooling or looking for help to prepare for the SATs can do so via virtual tutors.
7. Sales Just as the marketing world has changed, so to have sales jobs. Now generating leads is more plausible through the use of social media channels, as well as email or text message marketing. All of this can be done remotely, especially if you're in the real estate industry. At Number8, we believe one of the keys to achieving your business’s goals is great IT that supports your company. We help businesses access great IT by connecting them with remote workers that utilize best-practice tools and processes. If you’re interested in learning more about Number8 and what we do, give us a call at (502) 890-7665, or check out our information page!
, IT outsourcing
, it trends
, remote work
, software developers
, software development
, software development outsourcing
, software engineering
, tech careers