Why We Love Software Development in Costa Rica
When it comes to finding the perfect location for nearshore software development, there are a number of viable options to consider. Here at number8, we searched the globe far and wide to find the very best destination to successfully conduct our software development business. Our search led us to the “happiest country on earth,” also known as…Costa Rica.
Literally translated to mean “rich coast,” Costa Rica is a small country located in Central America between the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. Costa Rica is well known for its lush tropical rain forests, beautiful sunny weather, diverse wildlife, and miles of gorgeous coast-lines. Not only did we find the beauty of Costa Rica to be captivating, but we also found it to be an excellent place to conduct business.
When it comes to software development in Costa Rica, the country is known for many recent advancements in software engineering and information technology. In fact, Costa Rica is recognized as the number one software development country in Central America and is home to many leading universities that graduate talented software developers each year.
The Five C’s of Doing Business in Costa Rica
With the perfect combination of natural beauty and a culture that supports advancements in software engineering, nearshore software development in Costa Rica is a very pleasurable experience. We would like to share with you some of the main reasons why Costa Rica is the best and most desirable place on earth for outsourcing software development. Follow along to learn more about what we call the five C’s of doing business in Costa Rica:
- Culture – Costa Ricans have a culture that promotes communication in a straight forward but considerate way. During software development projects, people tend to voice their opinions based on prior experience. Being communicative and straight-forward is imperative to high quality agile software development. This helps ensure that software bugs are caught quickly and that project estimates are accurate. It also helps to facilitate team trust and positivity.
- Communication – Many people in Costa Rica speak both Spanish and English fluently. This is very beneficial when partnering with software teams in the United States. Working with software developers who are fluent in English enables communication on the scrum team to flow with ease.
- Cost – Costa Rica is a country that heavily endorses continental free trade and is home to many business-favorable benefits. By offering exemptions on capital goods, the value of conducting nearshore operations in Costa Rica proves even more beneficial.
- Climate – Due to its close proximity to the equator, Costa Rica has a temperate tropical climate that averages between 71 and 81 degrees Fahrenheit. Miles of beaches and natural beauty provide many opportunities for people to stay active and healthy. This boosts team morale and productivity.
- Convenience – Costa Rica is located in the Central Time zone (CST) which is vital to operations that may take place in the United States. During iterations of agile software development, time efficiency is critical. number8 are in the same or a similar time zone as team members in the United States. This makes collaboration between nearshore and U.S.-based team members very easy.
When it comes to nearshore software outsourcing, we explored many possibilities. Choosing to open offices in San Jose, Costa Rica, has been very favorable. The number8 team is very proud of the high quality products we deliver and the service we provide. If you are considering software development in Costa Rica, contact us today. Costa Rica has proven to be an excellent location for nearshore IT services, offering an atmosphere full of beauty and business opportunity.