Effectively navigating change is at the heart of success for software development teams. The most effective teams not only handle change well but even welcome the opportunity, knowing that it will likely yield a better end result. Read this article for some inspiring quotes about change from some of the world’s greatest thinkers.
High functioning software development teams tend to share certain traits. These include flexibility, dependability and organization. Team members also need to have a good understanding of how to handle change. During team projects, when disagreements, problems or issues arise, these can become project blockers. But for a high functioning team, a problem or disagreement often becomes a new opportunity to refine and improve.
An effective software development team should be able to roll with new advancements, shifts in direction and ultimately, with change. While change can be a frightening experience, it’s an inevitable part of business. And like most things, you will never know the benefits of embracing change until you give it a chance.
Whether your team is seasoned to effectively handle change, or it could use a little warming up to the idea, here are some famous quotes about this important topic. These might just give you and your team the confidence they need to welcome change as part of any project.
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “One cannot manage change, one can only be ahead of it.” – Peter Drucker
- “Great changes are easier than small ones.” – Francis Bacon
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “People don’t resist change, they resist being changed.” – Peter Scholtes
- “If you always do what you’ve done, you will always get what you’ve always got.”- Ed Foreman
- “The only completely consistent people are dead.” – Aldous Huxley
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “The world hates change yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles Kettering
- “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone De Beauvoir
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- People wish to be settled. It is only as far as they are unsettled that there is any hope for them. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Great leaders, writers and inventors have shared their thoughts about change. And it’s overwhelmingly clear that with change comes success. It is necessary to take the opportunity change presents and make it a positive experience. Your software development team must acknowledge and embrace change in order to produce a great end result!