Responsible for Java/J2EE/J2SE application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. Analyzes, designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including application layer, design pattern / modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements web sites, web applications, and infrastructure. Performs hands-on coding, mentor junior developers and assists in architecting web content solutions. Good skills in working with customers and various business support areas. Expertise in server-side web presentation technologies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and technical training.
• 4 or more years of Java experience in application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 2 years with application servers; e.g. J2EE Application Server; IBM Websphere, Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, Apache, JBOSS, or Resin.
• Minimum of 3 years technical work experience in a team environment as a programmer.
• Strong relational database experience (DB2/UDB, Sybase, SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i). Strong background working in distributed UNIX environments.
• Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures.
• Strong experience developing and implementing highly complex technical solutions in a J2EE web environment.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly desirable:
o Rapid applications development or extreme programming experience
o Test Driven development (TDD)
o Experience with HP Non-Stop SQL/MP
o Sun Certified Developer for Java 2 Platform
o Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform
o Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services
o Java Development Certified Professional
Click here to apply.