One of great things about working with an offshore software development firm located close to the U.S. is the opportunity you have to visit your offshore software development team. You can fly directly to Costa Rica in just a couple of hours from the United States. About two dozen airlines come in and out of Costa Rica daily, including American Airlines, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit and many others.
While your trip to Costa Rica may be focused on business, chances are you might want to take a few days to enjoy the beauty of this special country. Whether you love gorgeous white sand beaches, learning about Latin American history, or hiking in a rainforest, you’ll have plenty of options when you travel to Costa Rica beaches and national parks.
Visiting Costa Rica Beaches and National Parks
Whether you only have a few hours or a few days, there is plenty of natural beauty to enjoy in Costa Rica. Here are some favorite beaches and national parks to visit during your trip to Costa Rica:
- Manuel Antonio – Manuel Antonio National Park is one of the most beautiful national parks and beaches in Costa Rica. Located just over 80 miles from San Jose, Manuel Antonio hosts more than 150,000 visitors a year. If you love surfing, swimming, kayaking, fishing, and hiking, then this is the destination for you.
- Tamarindo – Tamarindo is a popular tourist destination with a distinct beach covered in pebble-rocks. The long beach is perfect for visitors, with powerful waves attracting surfers, and excellent snorkeling and scuba diving. If you like fishing, this is the destination for you. Mahi mahi, tuna and billfish are all popular catches in this area. Tamarindo beach is conveniently located near the 1,000+ acre Tamarindo National Wildlife Refuge.
- Uvita Beach – Known for warmer water that makes for excellent swimming, Uvita beach is about a 4 hour drive from San Jose, in the South Pacific Region of Costa Rica. Whether you go here to enjoy sea turtles or to catch sight of humpback whales, this white sand beach lined with palm trees is sure to impress.
- Playa Hermosa – If you like swimming, this palm-tree lined beach is a beautiful location. Playa Hermosa is about 3 miles outside of Jaco, located along the Central Pacific Coast. This clean and attractive beach is a favorite for surfers and beach lovers. It is also conveniently located less than a half an hour from Liberia’s Daniel Oduber International Airport.
- Rincon de La Vieja National Park – For those interested in checking out an active volcano, the Rincon de la Vieja National Park is an excellent choice. You’ll see the Santa Maria, the Cerro Von Seebach and the Rincon de la Vieja. The Rincon de la Vieja volcano last erupted in 1998. With more than 30 rivers and streams, this national park is home to more than 300 species of birds.
One of the many benefits of working with offshore software developers in Costa Rica is the opportunity to visit this special country. While traveling to Costa Rica to meet with your number8 software development team, you can also explore the country’s gorgeous national parks and beaches. Whether you enjoy hiking, surfing, kayaking and fishing, or you just prefer to relax at the beach, you’ll find plenty of places to relax and have fun during your visit to Costa Rica.