https://number8.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Depositphotos_48763999_original.jpg 667 1000 number8 https://number8.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/white-logo.png number82018-03-21 09:30:292018-03-02 15:54:0925 Inspirational Quotes All CEOs Should Know & Share With Their IT Teams
No matter the product, no matter the consumer, all businesses need strong leadership. Without an effective leader to get behind, a business is like a rudderless ship adrift in the sea of its market. CEOs know they have strong communication and organizational skills, but there’s also a need for charisma and positivity if they want to inspire their teams.
One method of instilling inspiration into a team is by sharing inspirational quotes with the group. This is a tactic a lot of CEOs use when morale is down or the workload is heavier than normal. Inspirational quotes from people in the same field, or another, are all effective as long as the message is clear and pertains to the situation. Some CEOS have an arsenal of quotes that have helped them in the past and that they hope will help inspire their teams in the same way. Others look to websites like Pinterest or Success.com for inspiration quotes that are relevant to the current issue their team is facing.
The following inspirational quotes can be used in a wide variety of situations and are guaranteed to motivate and inspire an IT team.
1. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter F. Drucker
2. “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” Brandon Sanderson
3. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” Steve Jobs
4. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” Rosalynn Carter
5. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” Nancy D. Solomon
6. “If you really want the key to success, start by doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing.” Brad Szollose
7. “I cannot give you a formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: try to please everybody.” Herbert Bayard Swope
8. The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ Jeff Bezos
9. “If you spend your life trying to be good at everything, you will never be great at anything.” Tom Rath
10. “In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” Max De Pree
11. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” Florence Nightingale
12. “Do it or not. There is no try.” Yoda
13. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” Mark Twain
14. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” Japanese proverb
15. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” George Addair
16. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” Aristotle
17. “Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy.” Jimmy Spithill
18. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford
19. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” Joshua Marine
20. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” John C. Maxwell
21. “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” Vince Lombardi
22. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” Ken Blanchard
23. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” Louisa May Alcott
24. “You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note.” Doug Floyd
25. “The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative, lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential.” Steve Ballmer
Inspirational quotes can be exactly what an IT team needs in a moment of doubt to rally and gain momentum. If you are a CEO or a team leader, we highly suggest remembering some of these and storing them away for a rainy day.
At Number8, we help CEOs and CIOs connect with IT teams that use agile development to help businesses grow. If you’re interested in learning more about Number8 and what we do, give us a call at (502) 890-7665, or check out our information page!